The company’s expertise can be assured through its operations and involvement in over 50 technical services and vehicle processing centres and 11 ocean terminals globally, and is responsible for handling over 10 million units per annum.
In the Oceania region, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) offers extensive ocean services throughout the Australasian region, as well as technical services in key strategic locations.
WWL specialises in rolling and static equipment such as trucks, cranes and mining equipment, including trenchers and excavators. Understanding the market is of prime importance in establishing operations at key locations globally and within Australia. The company offers critical supply chain benefit of providing a close link between ocean and inland networks.
There are four WWL equipment processing centres (EPCs) located in Australia, which are based in Port Kembla, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. The Port Kembla EPC is located 8 km from the port of Port Kembla; the Melbourne EPC is located 15 km from the port of Melbourne; the Brisbane EPC is located
43 km from the port of Brisbane; and, the Perth EPC is located 24 km from the port of Fremantle.
Each of the Australian EPCs can assist companies working within the pipeline industry with the following services:
- Post-production quality inspection, to ensure that all equipment meets Australian design rule compliance;
- Fault diagnosis and repairs, for both paint and mechanical jobs;
- Storage and inventory management. Storage includes a range of undercover and outdoor storage options, from hardstand bitumen to concrete pads. WWL also offers a preservation service for units, which ensures protection from the elements during extended storage periods;
- Wash and detail services, including full interior and exterior detailing and preparation for sales dispatch;
- Paint facility services. Each EPC incorporates paint facilities (prepare, spray and bake) capable of handling high, heavy and unique equipment. WWL uses high-quality automotive grade paints as well as quick-dry enamels, and;
- Superior protection of site and product. Each site has CCTV cameras at the entry and exit gates and full perimeter electric fencing at all sites. There are security patrols on each of the sites seven days a week, with alarm systems in place with back-to-base remote monitoring.
Other services offered by the WWL EPCs include:
- Distribution services;
- Build planning;
- Production visibility;
- Fleet build-up;
- Container unpack services; and,
- Accessorising services.
WWL’s sophisticated supply chain management services ensure an efficient integration of ocean transportation, inland distribution and a comprehensive range of specialised technical services.
For further information visit www.2wglobal.com