First gas production at Arthur field in Southern North Sea

The field is about 50km east of Bacton, Norfolk, in approximately 46m of water, and was discovered in October, 2003. The field is a subsea development tied back to the existing ExxonMobil-operated Thames platform by a new 32-km, 12-in pipeline and umbilical; produced gas is exported via the existing pipeline to the Bacton terminal. The project is expected to produce at gross rates of up to 110 million cubic feet per day with an ultimate recovery estimated at 130 billion cubic feet (gross).

The field may ultimately comprise up to three development wells connected to the Arthur manifold via 8-in pipelines and umbilicals. The Arthur 2 well is to be spudded-in in the near future, and a potential third well may be drilled later in the year.

MNSL is the operator of the field with 70% interest. Co-venturer EOG Resources United Kingdom Ltd, a subsidiary of EOG Resources Inc., holds the remaining 30%.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Send this to a friend