The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) is responsible for operating Australia’s largest gas markets and the Victorian gas transmission system, and power markets and systems. As Australia’s independent energy markets and systems operator, AEMO provides critical planning, forecasting and energy systems information, security advice and services to its stakeholders.
AEMO operates these gas markets:
- Victorian Declared Wholesale Gas Market (DWGM) and the Victorian gas transmission system
- Wholesale gas Short Term Trading Market (STTM) hubs in Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane
- Retail gas markets in Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia and New South Wales and the Australia Capital Territory
- Wallumbilla and Moomba Gas Supply Hub in Queensland and South Australia, along with Pipeline Capacity Trading and Day Ahead Auctions of pipeline capacity
- Natural Gas Services Bulletin Board
- Western Australia Gas Bulletin Board.
AEMO operates these power systems and markets:
- National Electricity Market (NEM), the interconnected power system in Australia’s eastern and southeastern seaboard
- Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) and the power system in Western Australia.
AEMO develops the following major reports:
- Gas Statement of Opportunities and the Victorian Gas Planning Report
- Electricity Statement of Opportunities and the Victorian Annual Planning Report
- Integrated System Plan
Energy Safe Victoria (ESV) regulates the Victorian energy industry and is responsible and accountable for all gas, pipeline and electricity safety functions in Victoria.
It sets, administers and regulates gas safety standards, investigates events with implications for gas safety, and prosecutes breaches of the Gas Safety Act and regulations.
Under the Pipelines Act, ESV is also responsible for safety management plans for pipeline construction and operation, and environment management plans for pipeline operation.
GPA Engineering (GPA) is a highly experienced engineering consultancy providing EPCM services to Australia’s oil and gas industry since 1987, with offices in Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin and Melbourne. GPA thrives in solving complex engineering problems and providing value to its clients within process, mechanical, civil/structural, electrical, instrumentation, SCADA, controls and risk engineering fields.
The company delivers single disciplinary projects through to large multidisciplinary developments for greenfields or brownfield operations, from conceptual/feasibility stages through to detailed design, construction, commissioning and operations support.
GPA provides services across the full range of oil and gas projects, from wellhead through gathering, processing, reciprocating and turbine compressor stations, AS 2885 transmission pipelines in steel and spoolable composite, gas and fuel storage projects, AS 4645 distribution pipelines and stations, and facilities supplying power stations and industrial plants. The company also provides independent third party design/MDR validation services.
GPA proudly supports the industry and refine its knowledge, through active participation on ME 38, AS 2885 subcommittees, YPF and EPCRC/FFCRC research projects.
Resources Safety and Health Queensland (RSHQ) is the Queensland technical and safety regulator for the petroleum and gas industry.
If you have any issues completing this form, please contact Managing Editor Molly Hancock at firstname.lastname@example.org